This course is a thorough and comprehensive presentation on the
foundational understanding of absorption chillers and their
refrigeration cycle. Topics include a detailed view of absorption
chiller components, instruction in the theory of absorption chiller
operation and in the lithium bromide chemical cycle, the chemistry of
inhibitors, overview of capacity control system operation,
crystallization causes and effects, purge system operation, and
performance and operator logging recommendations.This course utilizes
a fully operational absorption chiller with UCP2 micro control. This
provides our students a practical, hands-on opportunity to attain the
confidence they need to work with these chillers.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to
- Describe absorption chiller construction.
- Recognize major absorber components and describe their functions.
- Discuss the characteristics of lithium bromide in relation to charging and inhibitors.
- Use an Equilibrium Chart to determine system conditions.
- Describe the sequence of control operation (pneumatics and electric).
how Trane’s UCP2™ Adaptive Control™ technology has been applied to
Our programs use a variety of assessment methods to measure learning, from pre and post tests, to classroom activities, quizzes and workshops.