This course covers the operation of Trane RTAE/ACRA rotary chillers. Coverage includes chiller refrigeration system components, construction and operation. Emphasis will be placed on the operational characteristics of the GP4 and GP4 with VVI compressor, CHIL evaporator, transverse condenser, and the AFD3 and PowerFlex 755 cooling circuits. Additional coverage will be provided on the RTAE/ACRA UC800 control platform with TD7 AdaptiView™ display, chiller logging and maintenance requirements. This course is primarily classroom oriented.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to
- Describe the operating characteristics of a RTAE/ACRA rotary chiller.
- Identify RTAE/ACRA rotary chiller construction and the physical relationship of components.
- Describe GP4 and GP4 with VVI compressor operation.
- Describe the CHIL evaporator construction and operation.
- Discuss the Trane UC800 control platform and operating logic.
- Perform the field service, maintenance of RTAE/ACRA rotary chillers.
- Identify how the AFD3 and PF755 Drive works as it relates to RTAE/ACRA rotary chillers.
Our programs use a variety of assessment methods to measure learning, from pre and post tests, to classroom activities, quizzes and workshops.
2213 20th Street S, Bldg 12, La Crosse, WI, 54601
Oct 20-22, 2020
8 seats available