This course provides training for service and facility maintenance technicians who need an in-depth understanding of the controls, maintenance and troubleshooting of Trane’s RTAA and RTWA helical-rotary chillers. The course provides insights into compressor design, unit operation, unit installation, start-up requirements, unit performance and service diagnosis. Specific service steps are covered for refrigerant handling and component service. This course is primarily classroom oriented.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to
- Describe the theory of helical rotary chiller operation.
- Discuss chiller components and the interrelationships.
- Describe the capabilities of individual chiller designs.
- Read unit wiring and interconnecting diagrams.
- Describe control start sequence and operating logic.
- Discuss system control methods available for building automation.
- Use control information for routine operational troubleshooting.
- Complete routine maintenance requirements for helical-rotary chillers.
- Discuss the limits to field service methods inherent to helical compressor designs.
- Apply proper service techniques with refrigerant handling and component repairs.
Our programs use a variety of assessment methods to measure learning, from pre and post tests, to classroom activities, quizzes and workshops.
2213 20th Street S, Bldg 12, La Crosse, WI, 54601
Nov 10-12, 2020
8 seats available