This course will broaden any technician’s level of service and overhaul expertise. It will help them gain confidence and experience in system start-up, maintenance, repair and major overhaul of water-cooled CenTraVac chillers. The course provides learning situations not otherwise available or that may take months or even years of on-the-job exposure to encounter. This course lays a substantial foundation for the technician’s continued professional growth and provides familiarity with other centrifugal chiller products.
Notice: Students are required to wear steel-tipped footwear to participate in mechanical lab service procedures. Appropriate work clothes should be worn to disassemble a chiller.
This is a mechanical service course only. Controls course attendance is required for complete CenTraVac chiller service coverage.
Upon Completion of this course, participants should be able to
- Identify various Trane centrifugal chillers and variations in mechanical components.
- Be familiar with documented factory service information available to support Trane centrifugal chillers.
- Properly maintain and repair chillers with varying lubrication and cooling system designs.
- Properly overhaul a Model CVHE/F/G/L CenTraVac chiller compressor and motor, using factory recommended procedures.
- Properly inspect compressor and motor components for compliance to factory specifications.
Our programs use a variety of assessment methods to measure learning, from pre and post tests, to classroom activities, quizzes and workshops.
2213 20th Street S, Bldg 12, La Crosse, WI, 54601
Dec 15-18, 2020
1 seats available