This class has been designed to provide attendees with a broad understanding of the variety of commercial HVAC systems in existence, how they operate, and how to maintain them. In many cases, service professionals must work with a variety of HVAC systems supplied by any number of manufacturers. This class will help attendees feel more confident as they service and maintain their systems, which can help to increase a system's operational lifetime and improve efficiency.
Attendees will study basic air conditioning systems, air conditioning alternatives, operational characteristics, air conditioning loops, troubleshooting techniques, system preventative maintenance, and ongoing maintenance checks.
Attendees will learn:
- basic air conditioning systems (chillers, rooftops, air-cooled vs water-cooled, variable-air-volume)
- air conditioning alternatives
- how commercial systems operate
- hot water/cold water loops
- how to troubleshoot systems
- maintenance tips to maintain systems
- maintenance checks