TRACE 700 software is the benchmark complete load, system, energy and economic analysis program that compares the energy and economic impact of such building alternatives as architectural features, HVAC systems, building utilization or scheduling and economic options.
Trane C.D.S. offers an 8-hour class providing users with a better understanding of TRACE 700 allowing them to more effectively use the program. Concepts learned during the training include…
- Learn how to navigate the program and gain a better understanding of the various input fields.
- Understand how weather is used to determine peak and off-peak loads.
- Understand the various daytypes TRACE uses to calculate peak and off-peak loads.
- Understand how TRACE uses unloading curves to determine energy use.
- Learn how to create multiple alternatives to model various choices.
- Learn how to create custom library values for cooling and heating equipment.
- Understand how TRACE calculates life-cycle costs and other economic parameters.
- Learn how to create custom utility rate structures.
- Understand advanced features in the program to include modeling ASHRAE Standard 62.1, importing GBXML files, and Hot Water Reset.
- Interpret results and learn how to read the various output reports.
- Practice using the program through in-class exercises
- Discover various resources available to help licensed users
The class was designed primarily for intermediate users. Participants are expected to know how to navigate the load portion of the program, effectively use templates, understand TRACE 700 Load methodology, understand the result of various zoning configurations, and be familiar with TRACE 700 Load output reports. Advanced users will find the class useful in order to gain a better understanding of program methodology and garner tips from the trainer. The information in this class provides basic information critical for understanding subsequent C.D.S. TRACE courses (e.g. the ASHRAE Standard 90.1/LEED Seminar and the Advanced training course).
Payment and Cancellation Information
All payments must be received prior to the seminar. The following payment options are available:
- Credit Card: (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- Purchase Order
- Check (payable to Trane)
Cancellations must be received two weeks prior to class date by fax, mail or email. If you cancel within 2 weeks prior, you will be charged a $200 cancellation fee. Registrants may apply this $200 fee to another class taken within three months of the original class or you may send a substitute from your organization. NO SHOWs will be charged full class price. Trane Reserves the right to cancel classes due to weather, illness or any other reason. All students will be notified as early as possible of the class cancellation and Trane's liability will be limited to the return of registration fees.