New Trane Boost Program Offers Cooling System Optimization
Advanced solutions improve energy efficiency, lower overall utility costs, meet key performance indicators and current regulatory compliance.
Brussels, Belgium, 03 April, 2013 – Today’s building owners require comprehensive energy savings and performance-oriented strategy for their heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. With its new Trane Boost program, Trane, a leading global provider of indoor comfort solutions and services and a brand of Ingersoll Rand, addresses facility performance and utility costs management, while taking into account budget constraints and regulatory compliance.
The new Trane Boost cooling system optimization program is designed to match chiller plant complexity with the customer’s investment and requirement capabilities. Trane combines the design and project management expertise to develop and execute solutions that reduce lifecycle costs by improving system efficiency.
Since every chiller plant system is unique, Trane Boost offers a tailored solution instead of following a “one size fits all” approach. It is essential to diagnose and clearly define the improvement areas for the system and for the facility in order to establish clear and measurable outcomes that will ground the investment decision.
Through a four-step process, Trane, which offers 100 years of HVAC expertise from design to operation, provides its customers with detailed information about their current installation and suggests an energy efficient solution that meets customer’s key performance targets, payback expectations and existing regulatory compliance. The transparent, logical and facts-based process consists of:
- Step 1: Diagnose – the starting point is analyzing the system operation and assessing its performance. Trane uses proprietary diagnostic tools to ensure a detailed, accurate and objective analysis.
- Step 2: Recommend - with data collection and diagnosis completed, the existing cooling system is benchmarked against a tailored solution to meet customer needs and requirements. Recommendations are based on identified energy savings and payback analysis.
- Step 3: Implement – from design to project management and execution, a Trane fulfillment team will take care of the implementation of the agreed system enhancement.
- Step 4: Sustain - chiller plant operation is monitored and system performance validated. Proprietary data logging, trending and analysis tools are employed to evaluate and sustain the new cooling system performance.
“Energy consumption accounts for around half of the lifecycle cost of the average cooling system, offering a great opportunity for building owners to optimize their cooling system and achieve long-term energy and cost savings,” said Luc Onockx, business leader of turnkey solutions for the Trane commercial business in Europe, Middle East, India and Africa. “With Trane Boost, they can improve energy efficiency, lower overall utility costs and find the best solution from a finance and performance target perspective that also complies with current regulations.”
The new Trane Boost program is used to ensure optimum return on investment and recommends enhancement solutions around three distinct areas of the cooling system:
- Components: Customers can select individual system components to meet design requirements and optimize life cycle costs, such as a chiller replacement, cooling tower or pump retrofit.
- Systems: The whole system could be evaluated to ensure that it meets all required parameters in the most efficient way. Trane has LEED- (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified experts and proprietary analysis software to analyze and deliver various types of cooling system design, including heat recovery, variable primary flow, free cooling or thermal storage.
- Controls: Ensuring that the system components work optimally together is another part of achieving optimization. Trane controls solutions are embedded into the components and the system to best suit the buildings’ usage and business needs.
In addition, Trane offers monitoring solutions that enable customers to maintain the performance of the upgraded cooling system over the years.
From quick modernizations to continuous improvement, Trane Boost offers the level of optimization to meet customers’ business and financial requirements while taking into account the complexity of the system.
# # #
About Ingersoll Rand and Trane
Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR) advances the quality of life by creating and sustaining safe, comfortable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Schlage®, Thermo King® and Trane® —work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; secure homes and commercial properties; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. Trane solutions optimize indoor environments with a broad portfolio of energy efficient heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, building and contracting services, parts support and advanced control. Ingersoll Rand is a $14 billion global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit ingersollrand.com or trane.com.