DAVIDSON, N.C., Sept. 27, 2023 – Trane – by Trane Technologies (NYSE: TT), a global climate innovator, has introduced two new products that help building owners and operators increase energy efficiency. Trane® Autonomous Control powered by BrainBox AI® optimizes Trane systems to reduce energy consumption and minimize carbon emissions with the power of artificial intelligence (AI). The company also debuted Trane® In Server Row Solutions, expanding its portfolio of energy-efficient cooling equipment for data centers and computer rooms.
Trane Autonomous Control Automatically Optimizes Building Performance
“For building owners and operators looking for ways to help to decarbonize and reduce energy consumption, Trane Autonomous Control continuously optimizes system performance using predictive data,” says David Molin, vice president of Trane Product Management. “Augmenting controls systems with AI-enabled solutions creates smarter systems, propels buildings to reach energy reduction goals, and accelerates the pathway to decarbonization.”
Trane Autonomous Control uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to automatically identify and perform system optimization actions 24 hours a day, seven days a week. An enhancement to existing Trane Tracer® SC+ systems, it is self-motivated, constantly observing, correcting, and improving. Available as a secure, cloud-based service offering that requires no additional hardware, Trane Autonomous Control is a highly scalable artificial intelligence tool that can support multiple buildings with a single solution.
It augments current control systems, enabling users to:
- Capture and synthesize a wealth of real-time and predictive data, including occupancy levels, weather patterns, and system performance information, to optimize efficiency and carbon reduction without sacrificing comfort.
- Improve system performance and reduce operating and maintenance costs without investing in additional equipment or overburdening employees.
- Support sustainability goals by reducing energy use and minimizing carbon emissions.
Trane In Server Row Solutions Provide Flexible Temperature Control and Configurations for Data Centers and Computer Rooms
Trane In Server Row Solutions, a new offering from Trane, cool high-density server racks in data centers and computer rooms to manage hot spots in a targeted way. Available in two configurations, including a direct expansion (DX) computer room air conditioner (CRAC) and a chilled water (CW) computer room air handler (CRAH) supporting open-, hot-, and cold-aisle applications.
- Open aisle – In an open aisle configuration, the units draw hot air from the external environment or hot aisle, remove the heat, and supply cooled air to the front of the IT equipment in the cold aisle.
- Hot aisle – Hot aisle containment captures hot exhaust air from IT equipment and prevents it from mixing with cool air. In this scenario, the In Server Row Units draw the contained hot air from the hot aisle, remove the heat, and supply the cooled air into the external cold aisle.
- Cold aisle – In this configuration, the units draw hot air from the external environment, remove the heat, and supply cooled air back into the cold aisle, where it is contained to prevent it from mixing with hot air.
The energy-efficient solutions help protect data center and computer room equipment from overheating by precisely directing the air and adjusting temperature levels where and when needed, thus maximizing production uptime. Additional features include:
- Three width and two depth options to fit a variety of footprints on the floor and accommodate tight spaces without a raised floor.
- Variable speed fans that minimize energy consumption.
- Water-side economizer and indirect dynamic cooling to maximize potential savings.
- Expansive reach to cool up to six server cabinets per unit.
- Front- and rear-unit access for easy installation and maintenance.
- Compatibility with racks produced by any manufacturer.