This ENL will discuss HVAC system design and control strategies that
can save energy in water-source heat pump (WSHP) and ground-source
heat pump (GSHP) systems. Topics include the latest technologies being
used in heat pumps, design and control of the water distribution loop
and dedicated outdoor-air system, ground-source systems, and a review
of the requirements in ASHRAE Standard 90.1 that apply to WSHP/GSHP
Presenters: John Murphy, Mick Schwedler and Paul Solberg from Trane Applications Engineering group.
- Identify the differences between distributed and centralized heat pump systems
- Understand the latest technologies being used in heat pumps (compressors, fans)
- Learn about various design and control strategies that can save energy in WSHP/GSHP systems
- Learn how to design and control a dedicated OA system as part of a WSHP/GSHP system
- Understand how the requirements of ASHRAE Standard 90.1 apply to WSHP/GSHP systems
Includes presentation slides, presenter biographies, outline and bibliography.
Take the quiz
Assessment is required by USGBC and AIA. Please submit the form, take the quiz and Trane will provide you with a certificate of completion documenting your online attendance.
Order a DVD of this program
Item number APP-CMC045-EN