This course explains what LonTalk is, identifies the existing network management tools Trane uses, and provides a basic understanding of technology and terminology. This course does not include use of third party software to extract the xif or any other concepts not covered in the learning objectives.
LonTalk fundamentals is a self-paced program with guided readings in the LonTalk literature. After completing the reading you must pass a 10 question quiz with a score of 80% or better to complete the program.
Specific Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Identify the LonTalk protocol rules applied within Trane
• Identify the number of devices on a link
• Identify the correct Wire type/length
• Distinguish location/necessity of Repeaters
• Identify location and application of end of line terminations each end of the link
• Identify an appropriate LonTalk network architecture daisy chain
• Recognize when to use the Rover in Active or Passive Operating Modes
• Predict when network management is necessary
• Recognize proper LonTalk addressing including: Domain ID, Subnet ID, and Node ID.
• Identify the SCC and DAC LonTalk pr
Who Should Attend
Controls Technicians, Controls Service Technicians, and Technical roles working with Trane HVAC system controllers should attend this course.
Note: Upon completion of the guided reading, learners must pass a 10 question quiz with a score of 80% or better to complete the program.