Discusses proper design and application of water-source and ground-source heat pump systems.
- Basic system operation
- Benefits and drawbacks of a WSHP system
- In-depth coverage of the components that make up the system (water-source heat pump systems, water distribution system, heat rejection and heat addition, dedicated outdoor-air system
- Solutions to address common design challenges (thermal zoning, ventilation, humidity control, energy efficiency, acoustics)
- System variations (ground-coupled, surface-water, and ground-water heat pump systems, as well as several hybrid system configurations)
- Common unit-level and system-level control functions (including system optimization strategies)