There's more in the air than you can easily see - dust, smoke, pet dander, lint, pollen and more. All of these particles are potential triggers for asthma and allergy attacks. Dust, smoke and bacteria are often 2.5 microns or less. At that size, allergens can get deep into your lungs because they aren't filtered well by your nose and throat.
Here are some tips for managing allergies and asthma in your home:
- Control dust mites: Use anti-dust mite covers and wash sheets in hot water at least once a week; 130 degrees is recommended.
- Stay smoke-free: Avoid non-ventilated, smoky rooms and second-hand smoke.
- Avoid pet dander: Keep pets off the furniture, out of the bedroom, and if necessary, consider taking the pet out of the home.
- Close doors and windows: Keeping windows and doors shut helps reduce the amount of outdoor pollens, allergens and irritants inside your home.
- Install a whole-house air cleaning system: An air cleaning system, such as Trane CleanEffects™, removes airborne particles and allergens too tiny for your nose and mouth to filter naturally. In addition to taking steps to control allergens in the home, you should see an allergist to determine the cause of your symptoms.
Get healthier air with Trane CleanEffects™
Trane CleanEffects™ is an effective, whole-house air cleaning system and can reduce the presence of potential asthma and allergy attack triggers in your home. As published in BioMed Central Journal, an independent publishing house, Trane CleanEffects™ has been shown to reduce triggers for allergies and asthma. It removes up to 99.98% of particles and allergens from the filtered air.
First, the pre-filter traps the large particles that the air in your home circulates through your heating or cooling system.
Next, it charges the remaining particles. The Trane CleanEffects™ field charger creates a series of electrically charged corona fields through which incoming air must pass. Since the air passes through many small electrical fields, rather than over a single charged metal wire or plate, more airborne contaminants are collected than in traditional electronic air cleaning systems.
Finally, it collects all of the charged particles. Each layer of the Trane CleanEffects™ collection element is only .08 inches apart, with alternating charges, making for a stronger, more effective collection field that traps particles down to .1 micron in size.
Can I install CleanEffects™ myself?
It's best to have a licensed technician install your Trane CleanEffects™ or any accessories connected to your existing system. Your local Trane independent dealer is trained on proper installation and can give you cleaner indoor air quickly.
Still have questions? Talk to a local dealer today.
Find a Dealer