- Your System
- Warranty and Registration
Warranty and Registration
If something goes wrong with your system, our warranty ensures that your covered parts will be replaced at little or no cost to you. Make sure that you or your dealer register your products to access one of the strongest included warranties on parts available.
Types of warranties
A Trane home comfort system is an investment for your family. Protect your system with one of our top-of-the-line warranties.
Base Limited Warranty
Base Limited Warranty goes into effect for units that aren’t registered or were registered more than 60 days after installation. It covers parts that might fail due to manufacturer defect, but not the labor to repair them. In most cases, this warranty lasts five years, but length of coverage may change depending on the product.
Registered Limited Warranty
Registered Limited Warranty lengthens the term of your warranty if your product is registered within 60 days of installation. It covers the cost of parts that might fail due to manufacturer defect, but not the labor to repair them. In most cases, this warranty lasts for 10 years, but length of coverage may change depending on the product.
Optional Extended Warranty
You can purchase Optional Extended Warranty from your local dealer. It covers parts that fail due to manufacturer defect, and might cover the cost of labor to fix them, depending on which Optional Extended Warranty you purchase. Contact your local dealer to learn about your available options.
Is your warranty eligible for transfer?
- Registered before Aug. 1, 2011Not Transferable: Warranty transfers became available to Trane customers on Aug. 1, 2011, therefore any product registered before that date IS NOT eligible for transfer.
- Registered after Aug. 1, 2011Transferable: Warranty transfers became available to Trane customers on Aug. 1, 2011, therefore any product registered after that date IS eligible for transfer.
The claims process
- First, contact your local Trane dealer and notify them of the issue with your unit.
- Next, your dealer will diagnose the problem, then contact a parts supplier if your equipment requires a replacement part.
- Your dealer will submit your claim through the parts supplier, which provides the component you need.
- Finally, your dealer will replace the part. With a Base Limited or Registered Limited Warranty, you’re only responsible for the cost of labor and shipping. If you have an Optional Extended Warranty, what you’ll have to pay will vary.
Maintenance TipsA healthy HVAC system can last longer and save money. Maintain your system with these tips.
Learn more about your product, like its technical specs and innovative technology.
Repair or Replace
If something goes wrong with your system, we can help determine if repair or replacement is the best option for you.
Learn helpful HVAC tips and tricks before you purchase your system.
Registering a New Product:
Contact a local dealer
Dealers can answer questions, help you find the right products for your home, and repair your system.
We’re here to help
Connect with our Customer Care team about your products, warranties, and dealer concerns.
Available Monday – Friday from 8am to 6pm CST