DAVIDSON, N.C., Feb. 6, 2023 – Trane® - by Trane Technologies (NYSE: TT), a global climate innovator - is addressing complex industry challenges with leading solutions and expertise at the 2023 AHR® Expo, the premiere event for HVACR professionals worldwide.
The Trane exhibit (Booth B3217) will showcase the latest advancements for optimal, energy-efficient indoor environments, as well as expert insight on pressing industry issues, including growing demand for building decarbonization solutions, such as electrification, driven by changing policies, regulations and environmental sustainability commitments.
Trane is helping customers navigate this changing landscape with solutions that advance efficiency, electrification and decarbonization, aligned with Trane Technologies’ 2030 Sustainability Commitments, including its Gigaton Challenge which aims to reduce one gigaton – one billion metric tons – of customers’ carbon emissions by 2030.
“Solving major global challenges like climate change and aggressive carbon emission reduction goals requires courage, collaboration, innovation and action, and the urgency grows with each passing day,” said Donny Simmons, president, Commercial HVAC Americas, Trane Technologies. “The good news is that decarbonization solutions for the built environment exist today that, if implemented at scale, could accelerate progress on climate change.”
Trane combines tailored, data-driven strategies, sustainable and efficient equipment, optimized system control strategies, and educational resources and tools to help customers achieve their desired outcomes and sustainability and efficiency goals.
“Over 180 cities, more than ten counties, and eight states across the U.S. have goals to power their communities with 100% clean, renewable energy. As the grid gets greener, the need for full electric heating and cooling is growing,” said Dave Molin, vice president of Trane Product Management, Equipment, Controls and Digital. “The path to decarbonization is unique for every building, depending on its design, occupancy, and geography. Trane’s integrated product portfolio offers the newest technology that meets up-to-date energy-efficiency standards and the industry’s low-GWP refrigerant transition to create optimal outcomes that get it right for buildings today and the world tomorrow.”
Look for Trane solutions, experts and technical presentations at the ASHRAE® Winter Conference and the concurrent AHR Expo, Booth B3217. Learn more about Trane at AHR, including new Trane innovations for more efficient, resilient, sustainable indoor environments:
Electrification of Heat
- Trane Comprehensive Chiller-Heater systems, featuring electric heat pumps, provide cost-effective, energy-efficient, reliable cooling and heating, while reducing carbon emissions.
- Trane Ascend® Model ACX, First Air-to-Water Heat Pump provides heating or cooling from one all-electric source and with a lower global warming potential refrigerant.
- Trane Thermafit™ Modular Air-to-Water Heat Pump, Model AXM, combines modular flexibility with Trane’s lab verified performance in colder climates. The AXM is an AHR Innovation Award finalist for Commercial Sustainability.
- Trane’s new Thermal Battery Storage-Source Heat Pump System uses thermal energy storage to reclaim and store heat until favorable conditions are available for air-to-water heat pump operation, making all-electric heat pump systems possible even in cold climates or dense urban environments. Thermal storage systems also qualify for up to 40% Federal tax credit, which can reduce overall system costs.
- Trane Axiom™ Vertical and Horizontal Water Source Heat Pumps, a new all-electric line, is redesigned to deliver significant carbon-reducing energy efficiency and quiet, reliable comfort in a small-space footprint that’s easier to install and service.
- Trane® / Mitsubishi Electric HVRF, the world’s only all-electric, two-pipe hydronic HVRF system uses a hybrid combination of refrigerant and water to heat and cool simultaneously; and HEAT2O, an all-electric heat pump, supplies domestic hot water for large commercial spaces. (Equipment and Trane VRF specialists available at the Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC booth C6085.)
- Trane Precedent® Heat Pump Packaged Rooftop Units enabled by Symbio® 700, include a new hybrid, dual fuel option, so building owners can meet electrification initiatives in traditional gas-only geographies for comfort even in extreme temperatures.
- Trane IntelliPak® Rooftop Units, redesigned for efficiency and connectivity, are now packaged with Trane Symbio® 800 connected controllers, and updated to meet the U.S. Department of Energy 2023 minimum efficiency standards.
- Trane Ascend Air-Cooled Chiller, Model ACR, enabled by the Symbio® 800 Controller, combines high efficiency and quiet performance, and integrated free cooling option to reduce energy consumption.
Connected Buildings and Homes
- Trane Tracer® building controls and Symbio® equipment controls platforms connect building and HVAC systems to enable energy efficient operations and decarbonization goals.
- Residential Trane XV20i Heat Pump with Trane Link is the AHR Innovation Award winner in the Integrated Home Competition – Diagnostic Capabilities category. Trane’s residential Connected Comfort Solutions enable dealers and contractors to provide more efficient services, and homeowners to maximize comfort and reduce energy consumption with next-generation smart home technologies.