This ENL will discuss HVAC system design and control strategies that can save energy in water-source heat pump (WSHP) and ground-source heat pump (GSHP) systems. Topics include the latest technologies being used in heat pumps, design and control of the water distribution loop and dedicated outdoor-air system, ground-source systems, and a review of the requirements in ASHRAE Standard 90.1 that apply to WSHP/GSHP systems.
Presenters: John Murphy, Mick Schwedler and Paul Solberg from Trane Applications Engineering group.
- Identify the differences between distributed and centralized heat pump systems
- Understand the latest technologies being used in heat pumps (compressors, fans)
- Learn about various design and control strategies that can save energy in WSHP/GSHP systems
- Learn how to design and control a dedicated OA system as part of a WSHP/GSHP system
- Understand how the requirements of ASHRAE Standard 90.1 apply to WSHP/GSHP systems
Click on the Start Quiz button to view video, access handout materials and take the quiz.
Assessment is required by USGBC. Once you pass the quiz with a 70% or better pass rate, you can access the certificate in your Trane Education Center account Learning History.