Dedicated outdoor-air systems have become increasingly popular. While previous discussions covered design and control considerations for dedicated OA systems, this ENL will focus on the equipment used to condition the outdoor air. Discussion covers the various types of equipment used for dedicated OA conditioning, from packaged DX units to split DX systems to air handlers and water chillers.
- Summarize the definition of a dedicated OA unit
- Identify leaving-air point required
- Summarize what the difference between cold versus neutral-temperature air
- Identify ASHRAE Standard 90.1 requirements related to dedicated OA systems
- Identify specific dedicated OA equipment configurations
Click on the Start Quiz button to view video, access handout materials and take the quiz.
Assessment is required by USGBC. Once you pass the quiz with a 70% or better pass rate, you can access the certificate in your Trane Education Center account Learning History.