In this ENL program, Trane engineers will discuss the application, selection, and optimization of both chilled-water and hot-water coils. Topics include a discussion about the impact of both water and air velocities on coil performance, a review of example selections for chilled-water and hot-water coils to demonstrate the tradeoffs of cost, pressure drop, and capacity, and an overview of various methods to prevent water coils from freezing during cold weather.Presenters:Jeanne Harshaw (host), Todd Michael, Brian Hafendorfer and John Murphy.
- Identify the various configuration and construction options for chilled-water and hot-water coils
- Understand the impact of both water and air velocities on coil performance
- Evaluate water coil selection choices at various water temperatures and flow rates
- Understand the balance of coil face area, airside pressure drop, and waterside pressure drop when selecting a coil
- Properly protect water coils from freezing, when necessary