This course is intended to update experienced service technicians on Trane CenTraVac chiller control technology. Detailed coverage includes electronic capacity modulation controls found on all Trane centrifugal chillers manufactured between 2001 and the present. Earlier-model control systems are not discussed in depth. This course covers Tracer® CH530 and the Tracer AdaptiView™ control system in use at this time.
This is a controls technology class only. Mechanical service course attendance is required for complete CenTraVac Chiller service coverage.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to
- Operate all the controls covered by this course, including systems interface.
- Describe operating logic for Tracer CH530 and Tracer AdaptiView control platforms.
- Use control information for routine operational troubleshooting.
- Use menu-driven diagnostics.
- Functionally diagnose various components of an operating control panel.
- Perform detailed trouble analysis on controls and determine necessary field repairs or replacement action.
- Determine potential electrical or electronic control faults through recommended isolation checkout procedures.
Our programs use a variety of assessment methods to measure learning, from pre and post tests, to classroom activities, quizzes and workshops.