Top Energy Influencers and How They Can Work for You
- CO2 sensors enable ventilation based on actual occupancy, rather than a constant schedule.
- Information streamed from local weather stations automates free cooling and economizing modes, which means using natural cooling instead of mechanical conditioning.
- Astronomical tables are used to drive exterior signage and lighting based on sunrise, sunset and daylength. In some instances, it can even be used to control nighttime economizing and daytime cooling and heating.
- As-needed system scheduling integrates with company software for point of sale, employee scheduling, store hours, special events and department hours.
- Collaboration with local electric utilities informs operational shifts to avoid higher peak demand charges.
- Digital detection of energy-wasting problems reduces the cost consequences by initiating service and maintenance sooner.
- Multi-vendor controls and communications protocols enable normalized energy management across the enterprise.
Solutions are replicable, so the more buildings you have, the more you’ll save. Ready to unearth the data points that influence your business energy profile?