New Service Agreements Use Data Collection, Analytics, and Remote Service to Increase Uptime
DAVIDSON, N.C., June 28, 2023 – Trane by Trane Technologies (NYSE: TT), a global climate innovator, announced multiple new products and service enhancements to support, simplify, and streamline the path toward greater efficiency, electrification, decarbonization, and regulatory compliance.
The newest Trane releases include:
- Axiom™ Rooftop Water Source Heat Pumps with Symbio® 700
- Symbio® Unit Controllers for Air Handling Systems and Water Source Heat Pumps
- Connected Mechanical Service Agreements
“At Trane, we continually innovate and enhance our products to empower customers to move toward their decarbonization goals and increased efficiencies,” says David Molin, Vice President of Trane Product Management, Equipment, Controls, and Digital. “Our new product and service technologies support this through improved connectivity and remote access to critical systems and building data, greater temperature control and comfort, and simplified installation and maintenance.”
All-Electric Axiom Rooftop Water Source Heat Pumps with Symbio 700
The next-generation, all-electric Axiom Rooftop Water Source Heat Pumps from Trane integrate water-source efficiency with leading Trane rooftop models in capacities between 12.5 to 25 tons. Ideal for commercial buildings, new construction, and retrofits, the latest Axiom Rooftop Water Source Heat Pump delivers greater flexibility in meeting decarbonization goals with a solution that is configurable for geothermal, boiler/towers, or hybrid applications in closed or open loops using ground-source or open water.
Along with larger capacities, additional enhancements include:
- The Symbio 700 unit controller for easier commissioning, monitoring, and servicing of HVAC systems and building connectivity for advanced troubleshooting and energy management.
- Simplified, cost-effective installation and serviceability with a hinged control panel, color-coded wiring and keyed connectors, and no fan belts.
- Two-speed airflow is now standard, with options for single-zone or multiple-zone variable air volume (VAV).
- Optional modulating hot gas reheat for effective dehumidification.
New Symbio Unit Controllers for Air Handling Systems and Water Source Heat Pumps Deliver Enhanced Connectivity
Trane’s new Symbio 500 Unit Controllers for Airside and Water Source Heat Pumps offer a field- or factory-applied option that provides an easy drop-in replacement unit for the UC400 and replaces the UC600 on performance climate changes and air handlers. With its programming and communication flexibility, new Symbio units can be used across a wide range of applications.
Enhanced connectivity, flexibility, and simplified serviceability come with an array of innovative features, including:
- Multiple communication options, including Air-Fi® Wireless, BACnet/IP, and BACnet/MSTP, with seamless connections to Tracer® SC+ and other building automation systems.
- An expanded user interface, service tool capability, and secure remote access via Trane ConnectTM.
- Customizable for any current or emerging application for a truly future-ready solution.
On-Demand Expertise with Connected Mechanical Service Agreements
As part of its commitment to connecting customers to innovative systems and solutions that support their decarbonization goals, Trane now offers expanded Connected Mechanical Service Agreements. The ideal supplement to traditional service agreements, Connected Mechanical Service Agreements leverage data collection, analytics, and remote service to anticipate and diagnose potential issues before they impact equipment performance and operating costs. Features include:
Remote diagnostics and remediation to limit unnecessary onsite visits and ad hoc service call costs.
- More frequent and consistent check-ins and increased service touchpoints.
- Faster diagnosis and response to system errors to prevent system downtime.
- Proactive detection of excessive energy use, refrigerant gas leaks, and other potential eco-hazards.
- 24/7/365 visibility into system operations with continuous data collection that drives better decisions and operational efficiencies.
- Greater transparency and collaboration with dedicated Trane service and account teams.