Leading Residential Builder Integrates Trane Connected Thermostats powered by Nexia® into New Homes Nationwide
Davidson, N.C., May 29, 2019 – Trane®, a leading global provider of indoor comfort solutions and services and a brand of Ingersoll Rand, has partnered with Century Communities to integrate the brand’s line of residential connected thermostats into new single-family homes across 15 states to create affordable, maintenance-free, luxury homes and communities. Homeowners will now be able to enjoy Trane’s residential line of connected thermostats, such as the XL824 or XL850, in their home’s greater HVAC system at no additional charge. Trane connected thermostats are immediately available to Century Communities builders and potential homebuyers.
“Partnering with Century Communities has provided Ingersoll Rand and Trane with a direct-to-homeowner avenue for our line of residential connected thermostats,” said Melissa Foley, Director of Strategic Relationships for Trane Residential HVAC & Supply. “Today’s homeowner demands the best in system compatibility including follow-up consultation on installation and connectivity for in-home communications and comfort. This partnership with Century Communities not only showcases the trust they have in Trane to provide a line of products and services that will exceed expectations, but also the trust they have in our ability to deliver on the homebuyers’ needs.”
Trane’s connected thermostats create comfort and efficient spaces with convenient control of a home’s heating, cooling and energy use. Utilizing Nexia Home, the Wi-Fi enabled Trane XL824 or Trane XL850 allow homeowners to easily integrate with leading smart home solutions, such as Google Home and Alexa. Additionally, Trane connected thermostats have intuitive touch-screen monitors for onsite control and remote access through the Nexia mobile app and website which offer the flexibility to automate, monitor, or control climate settings from anywhere.
The Trane XL824 works with most traditional HVAC systems to optimize whole home comfort and may be used to enhance cooling dehumidification when installed with Trane’s variable speed indoor products.
Additional features include:
- Real Time Diagnostics – Nexia can monitor your HVAC system in real time using the Nexia diagnostics and alert your Trane dealer if there is an issue.
- Connectivity and Control – Connect and control the XL824 thermostat from a smartphone, tablet or computer. With the XL24’s Nexia smart home built in bridge you have the flexibility to remotely monitor and control more than 200 smart home devices.
- Comfort – The XL824 can also be used to control up to two indoor air quality products, such as, a whole home humidifier, dehumidifier and/or a fresh air ventilation system to enhance indoor air quality.
The Trane XL850 Communicating Control with built-in Nexia Bridge combines communicating system technology and a home automation hub to remotely control your home, comfort, and energy use. It’s easily accessible from a smartphone, tablet or computer, which makes adjusting the temperature for your family’s comfort a breeze.
Additional features include:
- Real Time Diagnostics – Nexia can monitor your HVAC system in real time using Nexia diagnostics and alert your Trane dealer if there is an issue.
- Connectivity and Control – Connect and control your thermostat from a smartphone, tablet or computer. With the XL850’s Nexia smart home built in bridge you have the flexibility to remotely monitor and control over 200 smart home devices.
- Comfort – The XL850 combined with Trane’s TruComfort Variable Speed System works with a network of controls and sensors to optimize the home’s temperature and humidity by continuously adjusting compressor and fan speeds to give you the most comfortable environment and highest efficiency possible.
Homeowners will be able to purchase the smart homes with a number of compatible smart devices. These products include the Google Home Hub, Trane’s line of connected thermostats powered by Nexia, Eaton light and dimmer switches, and Schlage front-door electronic deadbolt locks. Also included is access to a Best Buy In-Home Consultants on all home automation set-up, training and service solutions.
To learn more about Trane and view products, please visit www.trane.com.
About Ingersoll Rand
Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR) advances the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King® and Trane®—work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a $14 billion global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. Trane solutions optimize indoor environments with a broad portfolio of energy efficient heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems, building and contracting services, parts support and advanced control. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com or www.trane.com.