Building on Trane’s legacy of category-leading product performance
Trane’s latest innovation?the ComfortLink™ II Control?has just been named an International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree. Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media. The awards honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products. Deemed a “Best of Innovations” honoree in the Integrated Home Systems product category, Trane’s ComfortLink II Control was honored and displayed at the CES Unveiled@NY press event in New York City on November 9. It will also be displayed at the 2011 International CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow, January 6-9 in Las Vegas.
The ComfortLink II Control will launch in early 2011, and will be the most advanced home comfort device on the market. The product features a seven-inch interactive, high-definition color touch screen, which provides an intuitive user interface that allows homeowners to see different room temperatures from one single control. With it, homeowners can create the ideal temperature and humidity for their home, 24-7.“The ComfortLink II Control is not your typical thermostat and up to this point, there has been nothing like it available to consumers,” said Tim Storm, controls and zoning product manager, Trane. “Consumers are looking for a more interactive, personalized experience when it comes to technology, especially with energy management solutions for the home, and that’s exactly what this thermostat offers.”
Features of the Trane ComfortLink II Control include:
- A personal computer application allows homeowners with a wireless router to control comfort from any room in the house, the backyard, or even from the office
- Homeowners are able to program as much information as they want to see on their screen, including the status of their indoor air quality, humidity and individual room temperatures
- In addition to providing the ideal indoor temperature, the ComfortLink II Control provides homeowners with a five-day forecast, complete with radar image and weather alerts personalized for their ZIP code
- When not in use, the control display defaults to a screen saver that complements home décor or, homeowners can load photos and use the unit as a digital picture frame.
ABOUT THE INNOVATIONS DESIGN AND ENGINEERING AWARDS
The Innovations Design and Engineering Awards have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976. The program is sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association®, which produces the International CES.
The Innovations Award entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used Aesthetic and design qualities
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
“Trane is honored to be listed among this year’s CES Innovations Award winners,” said Storm. “The winners represent the year’s best in technology and at Trane, it’s our goal to be bringing our customers just that – innovative products that offer the best in safety, comfort and efficiency.”