Air conditioner maintenance schedule
Spring AC maintenance checklist - dealer
Schedule a preventative maintenance checkup with your local dealer every spring before the high temps of summer arrive. Here’s what your dealer will do to make sure your AC is running perfectly
- Remove debris around the outdoor unit, compressor and refrigerant lines.
- Remove any leaves that have fallen through the grill and into the unit.
- Inspect and flush the condensate drain.
- Test the thermostat for proper operation.
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils.
- Tighten mechanical and electrical connections.
- Measure and adjust refrigerant levels if needed.
- Remove dust from air-handling components.
- Lubricate the blower motor as directed.
- Examine refrigerant lines and valves.
- Inspect belts for wear.
Monthly ac maintenance tasks - DIY
Here are a few tasks that you can complete yourself.
- Inspect the return air filter every month and replace as needed.
- Keep vegetation 18 inches away from each side of the outdoor unit.
- Clean debris away from the compressor to maintain proper airflow.
- Tell your technician if you hear any unusual noises.