We can help you find the right system for your home.
Piggybank Trane Financing


Financing your new HVAC system

Our convenient financing options give you budget flexibility to get the reliable, energy efficient comfort you’re looking for.

If you purchase certain types of HVAC systems or make other energy-related improvements to your home, you may be eligible for an energy tax credit.

AAs a leader in producing energy efficient home comfort solutions, Trane offers many products that are eligible for residential energy credits. Before you buy, take time to research which Trane HVAC products include these money saving rebates. You can search our site for current energy rebates on:

Federal Tax Credits

The federal government offers energy efficiency tax credits

For qualified HVAC improvements, homeowners may be able to claim 25C tax credits equal to 10% of the installed costs (up to $500 maximum). Credits may even be higher for renewable energy, like geothermal systems.

The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 was signed in February 2018, renewing a number of tax credits for residential energy efficiency that had expired at the end of 2016. Tax credits for non-business energy property are now available retroactive to purchases made through December 31, 2017. Tax credits for all residential renewable energy products have been extended through December 31, 2021, and feature a gradual step down in the credit value.

Federal Tax Credit Update
Federal Tax credits for residential energy efficiency have now expired. Any qualified equipment installed prior to January 1, 2018 is eligible for credit. Equipment installed on or after January 1, 2018 is not eligible for credit. Tax credits for all residential renewable energy products have been extended through December 31, 2021, and feature a gradual step down in the credit value.

For more information on federal energy tax credits, visit

The following Trane residential products qualify for a federal tax credit:

  • Split system air conditioning - must meet 25C requirements of 16 SEER/13 EER (both efficiency levels must be met to qualify for the tax credit) Manufacturer's Certificate
  • Split system heat pump - must meet 25C requirements of 15 SEER/12.5 EER/8.5 HSPF (all three efficiency levels must be met to qualify for the tax credit) Manufacturer's Certificate
  • Gas furnace - must meet 25C requirements of 95% AFUE Manufacturer's Certificate
  • Advanced main air circulating fan - gas furnace or packaged system with an advanced circulating fan that utilizes no more than 2% of furnace total energy use per 25c requirements. Manufacturer's Certificate
  • Packaged air conditioning, heat pump or dual fuel products - must meet 25C requirements of 14 SEER, 12 EER, 8 HSPF Manufacturer's Certificate

State and Local Tax Credits

Find information about local energy tax credits

Take a look at the energy tax credit programs available in your area. Tax credit initiatives and rebate promotions change frequently, so it’s best to consult with a local tax official. A great resource on local tax credit information is You can search the DSIRE Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency®.

See all Trane products that qualify for rebates.

Before you buy a new heating and cooling product, make sure to take advantage of local rebates in your area. Check back often as these deals can change.

Find local rebates
How to apply for a residential energy tax credit

Subject to IRS regulations, tax credits apply as a direct reduction of taxes owed. To apply for an energy efficient tax credit, you need to:

  1. Submit the proper form. Use Form 5695 for residential energy credits.
  2. Save the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement for your records.
  3. Consult your tax professional for advice on taking advantage of energy efficient tax credits.

Contact a local Trane Comfort Specialist™



Let us know how we can help and the top-rated Trane Comfort Specialist™ in your area will contact you shortly.

By pressing the “Submit” button, I consent to receive a phone call about products and services from a Trane Comfort Specialist™ at the phone number(s) provided. I understand these calls may be generated using automated technology and my consent does not imply or require that a purchase be made.

HVAC Tax Credit FAQ

What federal tax credits are available for residential energy use?

In 2018 - 2021 there are federal tax credits for certain geothermal heat pumps, small wind turbines (residential) and solar energy systems (including solar water heaters) and fuel cells.

What heating and cooling products qualify for rebates?

HVAC products that qualify for energy efficiency rebates will vary by area. View our Savings & Offers page and enter your zip code to see a list of Trane heating and cooling products that qualify for rebates in your area.

Where can I learn more about residential energy tax credits?

If you have questions about tax credits, talk to a tax professional. also has detailed information about recent tax credit changes.