Extended Factory Warranties
An extended Trane warranty allows customers another opportunity to manage their ongoing costs of operations. The nature of Trane HVAC equipment, and truly any mechanical equipment, means that it requires service as it operates. While you receive a standard parts warranty as the original purchaser, our extended warranties help you project your costs and protect your business against increases in material and/or labor costs.
The following HVAC extended warranties are available for purchase before the ship date of the applicable equipment to give you added peace of mind:
Types of Extended Warranties
An extended Trane warranty is available for purchase before the ship date of the equipment.
- Delayed Start-Up: When start-up of new equipment will be delayed beyond six months after shipment, the delayed start-up warranty will postpone the commencement date of the first-year part warranty.
- Whole Unit Parts Warranty: The extended whole unit parts warranty begins at the expiration of the standard warranty. And like the standard warranty, the whole unit parts warranty will replace any covered part that is found to be defective in material or manufacture.
- Compressor Warranty: In the event a part in the compressor assembly of a Trane unit or a part in the motor/compressor assembly of a Trane centrifugal chiller covered by this warranty is found to be defective, this warranty will provide for a replacement compressor or part (at the discretion of Trane).
- Labor Warranty: When a part covered under warranty is found to be defective, the labor warranty will provide for labor to install the replacement part. Note that 'compressor only' labor warranty covers labor to replace applicable parts on that assembly only. Only a Trane commercial warranty agent may perform warranted repairs under the labor warranty.
- Refrigerant Warranty: The refrigerant warranty will provide for replacement refrigerant to restore a unit to the proper refrigerant charge if a warranted part on the Trane unit is found to be defective.
- Low Voltage Controls Parts Warranty: The low voltage controls parts warranty is offered on CSAA air handlers ordered with a Pre-Packaged Solution (PPS). The parts warranty begins at the expiration of the standard warranty and covers the low voltage controls components included in the PPS which are found to be defective in material or manufacture.
- Low Voltage Controls Labor Warranty: The low voltage controls labor warranty is offered on CSAA air handlers ordered with a Pre-Packaged Solution (PPS). This warranty covers labor to repair/replace low voltage controls components included in the PPS option only. When a part covered under warranty fails, this warranty will provide labor to repair/replace the covered component. Only a Trane commercial warranty agent may perform warranted repairs under the labor warranty.
Because every job is unique, only certain extended Trane warranty offerings may apply. Check with your local Trane office for more information on extended warranties.
Light Commercial Unitary
For a list of applicable equipment model numbers for the Light Commercial Unitary program please click here.