Key Facts About Trane
- Number of Employees:
- More than 29,000
- We do business through 400 locations in more than 100 countries.
- Manufacturing Locations:
- 29 manufacturing locations in Brazil, China, Egypt, England, France, Malaysia, Mexico, Taiwan, Thailand and the United States.
- On an Average Day:
- One of Trane's air conditioning units is installed every minute of every day.
- Types of Systems Sold:
- Trane offers reliable, state-of-the-art energy-efficient systems that deliver comfort for commercial buildings and homes. These include:
- Centrifugal chillers, which are up to 13.6 percent more efficient than comparable products
- Energy recovery systems that use less energy and create free hot water
- Controls engineered to be user friendly and help building owners achieve their desired temperature, humidity and ventilation better than any other building system, no matter what the building's purpose
- Two-stage, split-system air conditioners and heat pumps that can save consumers more than 60 percent in operating costs.
- Residential furnace that's the world's most energy efficient.
Trane's Commercial Business
- Number of Sales Engineers and Service Technicians:
- 7,600 worldwide
- Number of Service Professionals:
- 2,000+ worldwide
- Number of Aftermarket Supply Stores in North America:
- LEED Certified Employees (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design):
- More than 680 LEED Accredited Professionals and 40 energy-focused engineers.
- Energy Saved through Trane's PACT program (Performance Agreement for Comfort from Trane):
- 198,000,000kWh Equivalent to the power consumed by 80,000 homes (saved since the start of the program in 1998)
Trane's Residential Business
- Two Market-Leading Brands:
- Trane is the leader in indoor air quality in the residential HVAC market. American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning is the fastest growing premium brand in the HVAC industry.
- Market Focus:
- Home comfort and clean air
- Number of Dealers;
- 10,000 (both brands combined)
- Air Cleaning Technology:
- The breakthrough Trane CleanEffects and American Standard AccuClean air filtration systems are 100 times more effective than a standard one-inch filter with performance verified by professors from the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Size of smallest particle removed from the air by CleanEffects™ and AccuClean™ whole-house air cleaning systems:*
- .3 microns -- 1/300th the diameter of a human hair.
- Systems Purchased:
- In North America, a homeowner buys a Trane or American Standard Heating and Air Conditioning system every minute of every day. Those homeowners expect and depend on our expertise and each brand's legacy of quality and reliability.