*Approved by USGBC (BD+C) and AIA (HSW, SD) for continuing education credit (1.5 CE learning units).
This ENL will discuss several system designs that take advantage of heat pumps, including distributed water-source or ground-source heat pump systems, centralized geothermal heat pump systems, and configurations that make use of water-to-water heat pumps. It will include a brief discussion of variable-speed compressor technology and include content from the Trane application manual (SYS-APM010-EN) on WSHP/GSHP systems.
Presenters: John Murphy, Paul Solberg, Mick Schwedler
What you will learn:
- Differences between distributed and centralized heat pump systems
- Latest technologies used in heat pumps (compressors, fans)
- Various design and control strategies that can save energy in WSHP/GSHP system
- How to design and control a dedicated outdoor air system as part of a WSHP/GSHP system
- How the requirements of ASHRAE Standard 90.1 apply to WSHP/GSHP systems
Official Interpretation Request - Response
This request for interpretation refers to the requirements presented in ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2010, Section 188.8.131.52, relating to Economizer Heating System Impact.