Growing plants indoors has gained in popularity, but conditioning
spaces for plants instead of humans introduces new challenges. This
ENL will discuss plants, the dehumidification challenges they pose,
and how precision cooling for indoor agriculture is different compared
to comfort cooling. The ENL will also discuss common air- and
waterside system configurations used to maintain space conditions to
ensure a healthy crop.
- Explain how plants add latent load to the growing spaces through evapotranspiration.
- Understand the differences between comfort cooling and indoor agriculture air conditioning.
- Determine proper supply air humidity ratio and temperature conditions for growing spaces based upon grower’s preferences.
- Understand possible air-to-air energy recovery configurations commonly available in air handlers.
- Identify potential chilled-water heat recovery configurations for a given application
Engineers Newsletter that covers several HVAC considerations when designing indoor growth spaces.
Assessment is required by USGBC and AIA. Please create an account and/or log in to Trane Education Center to enroll and complete the quiz. Successful completion will generate a certificate.
Order a DVD of this Program
Item number APP-CMC073-EN