How can I make the air in my home cleaner?
The average American spends more than 90% of their time indoors, making them susceptible to unsafe particles and allergens. An efficient Trane system never stops working to ensure the air in your home is clean and breathable.
Expert Allergy Tips Here are allergy experts’ tips for managing allergies and asthma in the home:
- Control dust mites — Use anti-dust mite covers and wash sheets in hot water at least once a week; 130 degrees is recommended.
- Eliminate mold sources – Fix leaky pipes and keep bathroom grout clean.
- Stay smoke-free — Avoid non-ventilated, smoky rooms and second-hand smoke.
- Avoid pet dander — Keep pets off the furniture, out of the bedroom, and if necessary, consider taking the pet out of the home.
- Close doors and windows — Keep windows and doors shut to keep outdoor pollens, molds and irritants outside.
- Install a whole-house air cleaner — An air cleaning system, such as Trane CleanEffects™ removes airborne particles and allergens too tiny for your nose and mouth to filter naturally.