As its name suggests, the fan-powered low-height unit has a shorter height dimension to accommodate applications where ceiling space is limited. To reduce the height, shorter terminal unit fans are integrated into the standard height series or parallel terminal unit. The result is a unit with a maximum height of 11.0" to 11.5". The operation of the low-height terminal unit is exactly the same as that of a series or parallel terminal unit, as are the options for high-efficiency ECMs, insulation options, etc. As with the other fan-powered terminal units, additional local heating can be provided by remote heat or terminal reheat.
- Low profile for applications where space is limited.
- Interlocking panel design provides the most rugged VAV unit available.
- Metal encapsulated edges limit fiberglass insulation erosion into the airstream.
- Single-point power connection reduces installed cost.
- Full factory-run test on each unit.
- Pneumatic, electronic, or digital controls available.
- Compatible with most controllers for field or factory installation.
- Digital controls allow Tracer™ building management system interface for Integrated Comfort™ systems (ICS) capability.
- Fan is in line with primary airstream and runs continuously to provide a constant airflow into the conditioned zone for excellent air motion and comfort.
- Heating coil located downstream of fan motor to help extend motor life.
- Wide range of fan airflows available from single speed motor with speed control.
- Cooling only (LSCF), hot water reheat (LSWF), or electric reheat (LSEF) units available.