Discusses proper design and application of packaged rooftop, variable air volume (VAV) systems.
- Basic system operation
- Benefits and drawbacks of a packaged rooftop VAV system
- In-depth coverage of the components that make up the system (packaged rooftop unit, VAV terminal units, air distribution system, hot water heating system)
- Solutions to address common design challenges (thermal zoning, ventilation, humidity control, energy efficiency, acoustics)
- Several system variations (cold air distribution, single-zone VAV, air-to-air energy recovery)
- Common unit-level and system-level control functions
- System optimization strategies