Air conditioning systems have always had one primary responsibility: deliver sufficient amounts of conditioned air into buildings. As indoor air quality issues grow proportionally, along with the rising cost of energy, more is being asked of these air conditioning systems. To provide your facility with the best possible balance of energy efficiency, air quality and comfort, Trane offers an energy recovery system.
- Fans are double-inlet, forward-curved centrifugal variety. They have a maximum speed of 1,050 rpm with permanent split capacitor motors. The fan housing is constructed of heavy gauge metal to help reduce air noise during operation. Wheel motors are single-speed, permanent split capacitor with overload protection. Each fan is equipped with a three speed switch for air balancing.
- An ultra-low leak, blade type outside air damper helps ensure low leakage of the outside air when the equipment is off.
- A unique defrost control may be requested for applications that face outdoor air temperatures lower than 10°F while still requiring outdoor air.
- Each energy recovery system comes equipped with two separate filters.
- The unit may be controlled through the Tracer ZN520 controller, or through a 24V binary signal. All units are shipped from the factory fully assembled, and run-tested to assure that a quality product is delivered.
- The air-to-air heat exchanger is designed to support two separate air streams in a counter-flow direction. The heat exchanger matrix prevents less than one percent of cross contamination between the air streams. The heat exchanger has the effectiveness of up to 80 percent with equal airflow.