Order Number: APP-APV016-EN
Click here for ordering instructions.
This program briefly reviews common attributes of High Performance School initiatives.
- government initiatives
- elements of High Performance School programs
- indoor air quality
- contaminant source control (location of outdoor air intakes)
- ventilation (calculating design ventilation rates, demand-controlled ventilation)
- building moisture control (moisture sources, methods for minimizing moisture problems)
- improving dehumidification performance of HVAC system (chilled-water terminal systems, single-zone DX systems, central VAV air-handling systems)
- acoustics in classrooms (ANSI/ASI Standard 12.60, reverberation time, absorption, background sound)
- lowering background sound of HVAC system (acoustical analysis, attenuation options)
- challenges of financing educational priorities (capital versus operating budgets, potential sources of funding, life-cycle cost analysis)