This ENL will discuss HVAC system design and control strategies that can save energy in
water-source heat pump (WSHP) and ground-source heat pump (GSHP) systems. Topics include the latest
technologies being used in heat pumps, design and control of the water distribution loop and dedicated
outdoor-air system, ground-source systems, and a review of the requirements in ASHRAE Standard 90.1
that apply to WSHP/GSHP systems.
Presenters: John Murphy, Mick Schwedler and Paul Solberg from Trane Applications Engineering group.
- Identify the differences between distributed and centralized heat pump systems
- Understand the latest technologies being used in heat pumps (compressors, fans)
- Learn about various design and control strategies that can save energy in WSHP/GSHP systems
- Learn how to design and control a dedicated OA system as part of a WSHP/GSHP system
- Understand how the requirements of ASHRAE Standard 90.1 apply to WSHP/GSHP systems
Includes presentation slides, presenter biographies, outline and bibliography.
Take the quiz>>
Assessment is required by USGBC and AIA. Please submit the form, take the quiz and
Trane will provide you with a certificate of completion documenting your online
Order a DVD of this program
Item number APP-CMC045-EN